$250 Club: Pledge Campaign for 2012
Our targeted fundraiser of $25,000 dollars has been extended to the end of November 30, 2012. Thus far, we have received approximately $12,000.00 in donations which have been placed in a separate, “Friends Cash Reserve Account”. This cash reserve account is “required” (1/4 of the grant applied for) to reach our goal to apply for a $100,000.00 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). This money has to remain separate, and in an account, from all other monies we receive for our monthly operational expenses. The yearly operational expenses of our Center are slightly above this amount ($106,000.00). We need your help and are confident that this amount can be reached. We know these are difficult times and thank you for your sacrifice. All contributions are tax deductible.
More to come...
Embracing and Enhancing Seasoned Minds
Since 2002, the Fourth District Seniors Resource Center (FDSRC) has worked to enhance and embrace the quality of life for our “seasoned ambassadors” by providing a wholesome and safe environment for them to thrive, while assisting them to live more independently and proactively. We provide quality services to our district’s lower-to-moderate-income seniors and their families through a variety of resources.The new George L. Stevens Senior Center was formally opened in March, 2006. The building itself is LEED certified, which means it is environmentally-friendly and “green” in materials, and in all aspects of the facility’s maintenance. This allows us to sell our energy back to the gas and electric company, which becomes a source that helps us sustain ourselves. The facility features a gift shop, multipurpose assembly hall, meeting space, two classrooms, an exercise room, a boardroom and a commercial-sized kitchen.
FDSRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, and political opinion or affiliation.
Map to George L. Stevens Senior Center, San Diego
Click on "View Larger Map" at the bottom of the map to go to Mapquest and Get Directions
Join the Fun!
- FDSRC Seasoned Line Dancers (watch the video)
Volunteers are needed in a variety of capacities:
- Lobby receptionist
- Board development
- Facility rentals
- Phone banking
- Peer advocacy
- Food service
- Computer programming
- Speakers' bureau
- Luncheon hosts/hostesses
Visit Our Seasoned Gifts Shop
- Looking for that perfect gift for holidays, birthdays, visiting and family reunions?
- Many new items arrive daily.
- Items for men and women.
- Reasonable prices.
- See Alicia Bell or Barbara Singleterry for more informaiton.
- Call (619) 266-2066 for information or visit our page on this website: www.fdsrc.org/giftshop.html
The following donations are needed:
- First aid kits
- Table games
- Stanchions (to rope and define areas)
- Room dividers
- Public address system components
- Card tables
- A 50-foot+ red carpet runner
One Hundred Friends of
George L. Stevens Senior Center Pledge Campaign
- Those who have not answered the call for One Hundred Friends and can do so, please pledge a minimum of $10.00 per month for One Year.
- Contributions help defray operational costs and the costs of some Center Programs.
- We need and appreciate your help to reach our goal of 100 friends.
- Please see Director Rosemary Pope for details and make donations payable to FDSRC.
- If you are unsure of the current status of your pledge, please inquire at the front desk.
Please purchase FDSRC tee-shirts ($10.00) by pre-order. They can be purchased at the front desk.Thank you for your support.
FDSRC has been granted, by the City of San Diego Park & Recreation Department, another year on our preferred usage permit. The permit was scheduled to expire on October 31, 2012. This means we will now be able to take applications, again, for rentals of our facility.
Facility for Rent
The beautiful George L. Stevens Senior Community Center is available to rent for parties, weddings, meetings, receptions, conferences, etc. Please contact Rosemary Pope, Executive Director, at the Center for details (619) 266-2066. We make every effort to work within your budget.
Make a Difference
A bequest to the Fourth District Seniors Resource Center will brighten the lives of Center participants for years to come.